Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just Right!

I'm sure everyone feels this way, and in fact I think there was a TV show whose title expressed this sentiment, but sometimes James just says the most amazing and surprising things. Yesterday we had two of those incidents...

First, we returned home after work/daycare and James needed a diaper change. He was very cooperative and when I was done I said, "All finished." James sat up and said, "Thank you Mommy." It was the first time he ever thanked me for changing his diaper and seeing as it has been more than two years - about time!

Later we were playing in his tent to which his tunnel attaches. James would crawl through and laugh and laugh and then say, "Mommy's turn." I attempted this a few times - no easy task even before I was pregnant. (I'm still cursing my parents for buying James the tunnel. Maybe we'll see if grandpa wants to crawl through when he is here in December.) Finally, I had to give up. I looked at James and said, "Mommy's too big." He was thoughtful for a moment and then replied, "James is just right." I could do nothing but wholeheartedly agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment