Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh Boy!

Eric was away doing research this weekend - which left me with both kids.  This meant they accompanied me pretty much everywhere I went, including the bathroom.  (I will be really happy when this phase of parenting has passed.)  Here are a few conversations we had...

James:  What's that mommy?
Me:  It's a tampon.
James:  Why did you put the tampon on your penis?
Me (smirking and hoping the derail this line of conversation).  Well James, I have a vagina, not a penis.
James:  Why did you put the tampon on your vagina?
Me:  Because sometimes mommy's need to use tampons.
James:  Why didn't you just use toilet paper?

And later...

James:  Mommy can I have another tampon?
Me:  No James.
James:  Why not?
Me:  Because mommy needs them and that would be wasting them.  Why do you want one?
James:  Because tampons are cool.

Oh boy!  So many conversation I could never have fathomed having before becoming a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment