Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This is the Life!




We love Craig's List and yesterday Eric found a family selling old wooden train track and some engines and cars. He came home from his adventure with a special surprise for James. The family threw in, for free, a toddler Thomas the Tank Engine armchair. It is soft and cuddly...two things James loves. He proceeded to sit in the chair most of the night and looked rather relaxed (as you can see) enjoying his milk, his blanket, and a little pre-bedtime TV.

When it was time for bed he insisted we bring the chair with us. He sat in his chair under his blankets while I read him his bedtime stories. When it was time for me to leave I asked him if he wanted to stay in his chair or lay down. He said, "Stay in my chair."

I checked in on him a little later and although he was no longer sitting in the chair, he was laying with his head resting on the seat. I decided to leave well enough alone and check in one more time before I went to bed. Before going to sleep ourselves Eric and I found him snoring peacefully with his legs propped up on the chair. We gently removed it and set it next to his bed on the floor.

Not to be put off so easily when James woke up this morning he came happily out of his room carrying his new chair. I think all in all it was money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment